About meUfuk Eren has leading roles as Health and Life Sciences Sectors Leader, Turkey and Healthcare Sector Senior Consultant for Central and Southeast Europe, Russia&CAS Regions at EY since July 2014. He is also the founding partner and CEO of VOLITAN Consulting, a company based in Turkey, UK, India, Israel and Germany focused on health, technology, management, investment and m&a.
Eren is also Senior Advisor in Healthcare and Life Sciences Sectors for the company Vodafone since October 2017.
From April 2014 to May 2017, he was also Senior Advisor to RASIT (Royal Academy of Science International Trust). Eren has been as a partner and CEO of the UK-based UN Innovation Development (UNID) company, which is active in the areas of innovation and development. Ufuk Eren led an active role in “Women’s Health and Development Forum” organization; under the sponsorship of the United Nations, with UNID and RASIT in February 2015 at UN HQ at NewYork, USA.
Eren also has been in senior positions in healthcare industry throughout his career. Prior from his long Siemens years, he had managing roles as at International Hospital in Istanbul, Turkey and Canton Hospital St. Gallen (KSSG) in Switzerland. Throughout his 20 years Siemens career, he held roles as CEO of Clinical Products Division for the regions Central and Eastern Europe and Russia&CAS and also Managing Director of Siemens Healthcare Turkey.
Eren also designed and implemented a training initiative as ‘’Siemens Academy’’ which certified more than 1000 professionals in the areas of “Health Management, Energy, Automation and Electrical Industries”.
In addition to this, he has made a number of university – industry collaborations in the fields of research and development during his professional career at Siemens. Some of these collaborations are as follows:
- Boğaziçi University – Siemens ‘’Medical Imaging Laboratory Project’’
- Bilkent University – Siemens ‘’Magnetic Resonance Project’’
- Hacettepe University – Siemens ‘’Neuro Angiography Project’’
- Hacettepe University – Siemens ‘’Computer Tomography Project’’
- Gazi University – Siemens ‘’Magnetic Resonance Project’’
Involvement in non-governmental organisations
He has been in various executive positions in many non-govermental organizations throughout his career and is actively pursuing some of them. Some of these are listed as follows:
- TUSIAD (Turkish Industrialists’ and Businessmens’ Association) – Member of Executive Committee of Health Sector
- Founder and Executive Member of TÜSAP (Turkish Healthcare Platform)
- DEİK (Foreign Economic Relations Board) Board Member
- TıpGörDer (Medical Imaging and Therapeutic Technology Association) Board Member
- ACHE (American College of Healthcare Executives-Turkish Executive Network)
- SKID (Association for Quality Improvement in Healthcare)
Eren received his undergraduate degree at Istanbul Technical University in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering and his Master degree at Boğaziçi University in 1992 in the field of Biomedical Engineering. Following that, he received postgraduate degree Hospital Management at Istanbul University and also graduated from Bobson College Executive MBA as a part of Siemens leadership programme at 2003.
Ufuk Eren achieved various awards for the institutions he has worked with his teammates during his career. Among them are; TÜSİAD – KalDer EFQM Quality Grand Award (2007), Siemens Global Excellence Award (2006) in Sales, Siemens Global Excellency award in Customer Relations Management Program (2011)., Siemens Global Excellence Award in Technical Service (2012).